Paul heads Rostron Carlyle’s litigation and disputes resolution practices. He has significant experience in major litigation in both the Supreme and Federal Courts.
As an experienced commercial litigator, Paul’s areas of specialty include building and construction disputes and recovery, insolvency and corporate recovery, commercial and consumer finance disputes, personal property securities, secured and unsecured debt recovery, contractual disputes, trade practices and consumer law, negligence and banking and finance. Paul has conducted litigation matters in most State and Federal jurisdictions for a wide range of commercial clients, particularly government agencies, insurance companies, lenders, liquidators and trustees.
Paul has a particular expertise in building and construction and corporate recovery, having acted for several insurers over a number of years in both consumer and commercial disputes across a range of jurisdictions.
Clients include some of Brisbane and Sydney’s leading insolvency practitioners whom Paul has represented as administrators, receivers, liquidators and trustees.
Paul works closely with insolvency practitioners on a wide range of issues arising out of different external administrations and arrangements. He has worked with insolvency practitioners in a range of different industries including construction, hospitality, manufacturing and retail. Paul has acted for company directors, creditors and debtors in winding up and bankruptcy proceedings in the Supreme, Federal Circuit and Federal Courts.
Paul brings a strategic, practical and commercial approach to resolving disputes.
- Acting in large scale BCIPA claims under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act.
- Acting in large scale insurance recovery matters under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act.
- Acting for liquidators in major voidable preference actions and insolvent trading claims.
- Advising and assisting directors, creditors and companies on directors duties and disputes, shareholder disputes and insolvency related issues.
Admissions and Memberships
- Member of the Building Dispute Practitioner’s Society Inc.
- Member of the Master Builders Association.
- Member of the Master Builders Institute of Building Consultants.
- Member of the Queensland Law Society.
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory.
Articles by Paul Rojas
Brisbane 07 3009 8444
Sydney 02 9307 8900
Paul's area of practice
- Litigation and Disputes
- Building and Construction
- Debt Collection and Corporate Recovery
- Taxation Litigation
- Matters under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act, Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment and the Subcontractors’ Charges Act
- Claims concerning defective and incomplete work
- Disputes under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act and Domestic Building Contracts Act
- Large scale debt recovery
- Corporate recovery and investigations