Mitchell is a senior practitioner of the litigation team based in Rostron Carlyle’s Brisbane and Gold Coast Offices.
Mitchell has had over 20 years’ post admission experience.
He is a consultant member of the Queensland Master Builders Association and has significant experience in all aspects of commercial and domestic building disputes. Mitchell is widely recognised and consulted for his wealth of experience and knowledge in Debt Collection, Insolvency and Commercial Litigation.
As an experienced litigator, Mitchell has appeared in all state and federal courts and various tribunals including the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Extensive experience in all facets of commercial litigation across a wide range of matters with a particular emphasis on building and construction disputes and insolvency.
Mitchell ‘s experience includes:
- Acting for secured creditors and instituting proceedings under the mortgages, charges, bills of sale and guarantees to recover assets, possession of land and money,
- Acting in a wide range of commercial and general litigation matters including lease disputes, disputes arising out the sale of property, trade practices disputes, confidential information and breach of fiduciary duties, intellectual property considerations, trust matters, employment disputes, injunctions and other general litigation matters;
- Advising in respect of bankruptcy, receiverships administrations and liquidations;
- Corporate compliance, considering and advising on the Corporations Act and related legal matters;
- Acting for financial institutions on a wide range of issues including advising on terms and conditions of security documents and compliance with various changes in legislation;
- Franchising and property related matters (commercial and domestic)
- Admissions and Memberships
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Member of the Law Society of Queensland.
- Member of Master Builders Queensland.
- Member of Australian Institute of Credit Management.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association.
- Formal qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws
- Certificate from the Bar Practice Centre of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology
- Practice Management Course University of Queensland Graduate School of Management and Queensland Law Society
- Diploma of Advanced Insolvency Law and Practice from University of Southern Queensland
- Contact Details
Brisbane 07 3009 8444