Michael is a senior practitioner of the litigation team based in Rostron Carlyle’s Brisbane office. He has had over 12 years of post-admission experience, which includes substantial dispute resolution and litigation experience, specialising in acting for companies, partnerships and individuals in regard to various commercial issues and contractual disputes.
Michael also has extensive experience working with rural clients as he understands the difficulties rural businesses encounter, as a result of his rural background.
Previously he was a barrister and has worked at some of Brisbane’s and Townsville’s boutique firms practising in litigation and dispute resolution.
Michael is an experienced lawyer who approaches each matter with confidence and determination.
- Major commercial cases in the Supreme Court of Queensland, New South Wales Supreme Court and the Federal Court of Australia regarding the payment of debts from bankrupt estates, contractual disputes, insolvent companies and commercial tenancy disputes.
- Advising companies, partnerships and individuals regarding various commercial disputes.
- Adjudication of construction disputes pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004.
- Judicial review of government department decisions.
- Land court of Queensland cases regarding objections to mining leases as well as compensation claims under the Mineral Resources Act (including instructing Senior and Junior Counsel in one of the largest compensation claims under the Mineral Resources Act in the history of the Land Court of Queensland in which Michael acted on behalf the landholder).
Admissions and Memberships
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Law Society of Queensland.
- Director of a charitable foundation, Stand Tall for PTS.
|Barristers Board Examination||Barristers Board||2003|
|Practice Training Course, Bar Practice Centre||Queensland University Technology||2002|
Articles by Michael Springer
Brisbane 07 3009 8444
Michael's area of practice
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Building and Construction
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporation and Partnership Disputes
- Recovery of Progress Payments under BCIPA