Gavin is a partner of Rostron Carlyle's corporate, commercial and property practices and is also responsible for overseeing the firm's estate planning, technology, migration and business succession practices.
His clients include a number of private and listed companies, high net worth individuals and their families, leading private equity funds as well as many national brands.
Gavin has had extensive industry experience in fields encompassing health, property, SME businesses in all sectors, energy and resources, finance, technology, hospitality, retail and the infrastructure sector.
Gavin sits on the Queensland Law Society's Specialist Accreditation Committee and is a member of the Board for the Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Assisting a range of clients with a diverse interests in business, property, finance and leasing transactions.
- SMEs to large listed companies with acquisitions, divestments and ASX related matters.
- Individuals to structure their businesses and personal affairs.
- Companies and individuals to raise capital and expand their businesses.
- Bailey Nelson - franchising Australia & New Zealand
- Momentum Health - capital raising advice and physio & palates aggregations
- My Foot Doctor - podiatry clinic acquisitions
- GDI Property Group - Acquisition of 50 Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise
- GDI Property Group - Acquisition of 235 Stanley Place, Townsville
- Evolve Salons Ltd (ESL) - Structuring and attending to large number of salon acquisitions.
- GDI Property Group - Acquisition of UGL Rail Services Pty Ltd & UGL Operations and Maintenance (Services) Pty Ltd property assets.
- Foundation Early Learning - Structuring and attending to large number of childcare centre acquisitions.
- GDI Property Group - Acquisition of 307 Queen Street, Brisbane.
- GDI Property Group - Commercial strata of 10 Market Street, Brisbane.
- Greencross (GXL) - veterinary clinic acquisitions and continued business expansion past 110 clinics.
- Legal due diligence for the acquisition of 215 Adelaide Street & 235 Edward Street, Brisbane.
- Early Learning Services (ELY) - acquisitions in the Childcare sector.
- UXC Limited - takeover of Vision Energy.
- HVAC - Management Buyout.
- Australian International Hospitality (AIH) - various hospitality acquisitions.
- Lenspro Australia - rollout of franchised retail optical stores Australia wide.
- Dental Partners Limited - dental and orthodontic business acquisitions and expansion.
- GDI Funds Management - property acquisitions and commercial leasing matters.
Admissions and Memberships
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia.
- Member of the Law Society of Queensland.
- Member of Australian Institute of Taxation.
- Member of Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA).
- Member of COSL.
- Member of Australian Small Scale Offerings Board (ASSOB).
|Accredited Specialist - Business Law||Queensland Law Society||2012|
|Master of Laws||University of UNSW||Current|
|Certificate IV Financial Services||National Institute of Finance||2010|
|Bachelor of Laws||Queensland University of Technology||2004|
|Bachelor of Information Technology||Queensland University of Technology||2004|
Articles by Gavin McInnes
Brisbane 07 3009 8444
Sydney 02 9307 8900
Gavin's area of practice
- Commercial Law
- Property & Leasing
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Capital Raising
- Intellectual Property
- Corporate Advisory
- Business Succession & Estate Planning
- Dental and Orthodontics
- Finance & Lending
- New Technology