Chad joined Rostron Carlyle in June 2016. He is a member of the litigation and insolvency practice based in Rostron Carlyle’s Brisbane office.
Chad has acted for insolvency practitioners, companies, officers of companies and individuals involved in litigation relating to contract, commercial, corporate, trade practices, building and construction, franchising, real property, estate claims and licensing disputes. His experience includes providing pre-litigation advice, to running matters to the conclusion of trials and the conduct of appeals.
- Prosecuting and defending commercial disputes in the Queensland Court of Appeal, the Queensland Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts, the Federal Courts and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Applying for, and successfully obtaining, urgent and permanent injunctions.
- Acting for liquidators and defendants in preference actions and insolvent trading claims.
- Acting for receivers and trustees in public examinations in the State and Federal Courts.
- Representing directors in section 19 Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001 examinations.
Admissions and Memberships
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia.
- Member of the Queensland Law Society.
- Queensland Law Society Access to Justice / Pro Bono Committee Member.
|Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Bachelor of International Business||Griffith University||2006|
|Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Skills and Ethics||Griffith University||2007|
Brisbane 07 3009 8444