Alyce is a Senior Associate in our Insolvency and Dispute Resolution team. Based in our Gold Coast office, Alyce advises clients on a range of commercial disputes and insolvency related matters, including advising companies dealing with, and directors of, distressed entities.
Alyce’s primary area of practice includes commercial litigation, corporate insolvency and bankruptcy, corporate restructuring, debt recovery and dispute management and resolution. She has acted on behalf of banks, liquidators, administrators, receivers, bankruptcy trustees, bankrupts and corporate directors in insolvency and reconstruction matters.
Alyce applies her depth of experience in working in Brisbane and London firms on complex litigation matters to recognise the commercial interests of her clients, identify risks and resolve the dispute. Her highly commercial and strategic approach reduces legal costs whilst achieving favourable outcomes for her clients in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Acting on behalf of and advising clients in a range of commercial disputes including breaches of competition and consumer protection legislation and intellectual property.
- Advising on insolvency related matters, including advising insolvency practitioners in relation to voidable transactions, providing restructuring advice for individuals, issuing/setting aside statutory demands and advising and acting on behalf of examinees and examinors in public examinations.
- Conducting corporate investigations and advising on commercial agreements and statutes.
- Advising clients in relation to the enforceability of, and defects in, registrations on the Personal Property Securities Register and their respective priority.
- Advising banks on defending actions to defeat securities and loan facility contracts, carrying out security reviews and taking enforcement action.
Drafting deeds of settlement, deeds of forbearance and acknowledgments of debt and payment.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Bond University
- Bachelor of International Relations, Bond University
- Insolvency Education Program, QUT and the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Admissions and Memberships
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Gold Coast District Law Association
- Graduate member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Semester Teaching Fellow, Faculty of Law, Bond University
- Contact Details
Gold Coast 07 5575 9602