My children are over 18, but I still financially support them – am I entitled to support from the other parent?

With the cost of living so high these days, it is becoming more common for children to stay at home after graduating from high school or while undergoing tertiary education. While most parents are happy to have their child continue to live with them after the age of 18, the added expense of another person in the home can take its toll. Thankfully, there are some circumstances where the other parent who the child does not live with is responsible for helping with some of the child’s cost, for example while they are undertaking post-secondary education or if the child has a mental health issue.

If you need advice on child support, please contact us to make an appointment with one of our experienced family lawyers.

Tuskeen Jacobs


Brisbane 07 3009 8444

Read full profile >