Our commercial litigation section provides tailored advice to our clients to assist them in resolving disputes and investigations relating to a variety of taxation issues.
We appreciate that tax matters can be commercially and personally sensitive. Our experienced litigators are able to provide specific, commercially appropriate advice in taxation areas such as:
- Tax litigation and dispute resolution.
- Taxation objections.
- Applications for rulings on taxation matters (stamp duty, GST, income tax).
- Investigations and audits by the Australian Taxation Office.
- Specialist investigations by the ATO’s High Wealth Individuals Taskforce.
- Defending section 264 notices issued under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936.
Rostron Carlyle has long standing relationships with a number of insolvency and accounting firms, and can assist private and corporate clients in obtaining the best possible legal and financial advice for their taxation related disputes and litigation. Additionally, we strive to work closely with our client’s other advisors to ensure the most efficient and cost effective results are obtained.