With a wealth of knowledge, experience and acumen, Rostron Carlyle’s team of passionate and experienced litigators are highly skilled advocates in all state and federal jurisdictions practicing in a broad range of commercial disputes.
- Commercial and contractual disputes.
- Building and construction litigation and disputes.
- Corporate, shareholder and director disputes.
- Insolvency and financial reconstruction issues.
- Intellectual property, trademark and copyright litigation.
- Professional negligence and indemnity litigation
- Banking and enforcement disputes.
- Australian Consumer Law
- Matters arising under Personal Property Security Act.
With many years of experience in all aspects of commercial litigation, including settlement
negotiations, alternative dispute resolution and litigation, our team have represented a wide range of clients from publicly listed and international companies, industry bodies and authorities to individuals. We have experience in all aspects of commercial litigation.
- Acting in numerous disputes between the big four banks, principal debtors and guarantors.
- Acting in the resolution of numerous partnership disputes.
- Advising in relation to defamation actions, including taking steps where necessary to have removed from websites/ search engines defamatory material.
- Acting in a major information technology dispute including successfully opposing numerous interlocutory applications within the proceeding whereby the order sought was for summary judgment, the principle issue for determination was in relation to the application of the Australian Consumer Law to the information technology agreement.
- Acting and appearing in as solicitor advocate a NSW Supreme Court trial of Cacciola v Daly and Another, successfully obtaining judgment in relation to a loan agreement and otherwise arguing the priority of interests recorded on the land title register.